7/11/10

Fig, Pecan and Ginger Cookies

Miner Marto is off tomorrow so I made him something for the trip out.
I dont like ginger so I thought this would be perfect in that I wouldn't be tempted.
Ha!
Oh they are sooo nice and crunchy...YUM!


Ingredients
85g (1/2 cup) figs roughly chopped (I used semi dried)
200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar (this is more then what I world normally use, however the first time I make something I follow the recipe exactly then tweak)
125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
115g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour (I always use wholemeal)
115g (3/4 cup) plain flour (wholemeal)
2 tsp ground ginger
70g (1/2 cup) pecans

Method:
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
Combine sugar, oil, egg and vanilla in a large bowl.
Add flours and ground ginger and stir until combined.
Add pecans and figs and stir to combine.
Roll mixture into 24 portions and place on lined trays about 5cm apart. Press each cookie to flatten slightly. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and place on rack to cool.

Clearly I didn't make 24!!


No comments: