31/10/10

Cooking frenzy!

I cooked!
OMG!

When J is away I cook for Aidan and that is as far as I go.
Cheese and vegemite sandwiches are perfectly acceptable for dinner for a hard working mother ;)
This weekend I made a chocolate cake....ohh the oooozing icing!
Followed by a baked risotto.




The risotto ingredients just looked so fresh and has made me want to have better dinners when J is away.



Usually I do not 'do' Creamed Corn....however J loves it and this recipe is supposed to be a hit with the kids....the sacrifices I make for my boys!
J, are you reading this?

Ingredients:
4tbs butter (I used one)
100g diced bacon
1/2c chopped shallots
2 cloves of garlic - crushed
1c arborio rice
500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and coarsely chopped (I used breast)
1/2c red capsicum - diced
2c hot chicken stock
400g creamed corn (ICTAI)
1/2c grated parmesan

Method:
Preheat over - 200degrees
Place butter, bacon, shallots, garlic, rice, chicken, capsicum and in larger casserole dish and stir
Cover and bake for 20 minutes
Remove from over and stir in corn
Cover and bake for another 20 minutes
Stir in cheese.
YUM!

No comments: