28/5/09

ClimateSmart....Oi!

Anyone else had any trouble with ClimateSmart? They got their butts into gear once I wrote this....

It is with regret that I am writing to voice my frustrations with regards to the ClimateSmart Home Service.

I initially contacted your call centre in November 2008 to make a booking. I was given an appointment for 17 February 2009. In early 2009 I received a call advising that the appointment will be re-scheduled to 20 February 2009. In February 2009 I received another call advising of a further need to re-schedule till 8 May 2009. On 7 May 2009 I contacted your call centre to confirm my appointment. At 4:30pm that same day I received a short message service advising of my booking time and not to miss the appointment. At 6:20pm I received a call advising that the service has now been cancelled. I was not given the option to re-book.

My family and I have a keen interest in reducing our carbon foot print and have now lost five valuable months in being able to monitor our electricity output and assist in reducing green house gases. During my initial call I was advised that there is only one contractor providing the service for my area. Considering the growth of the North Queensland region I find this totally unacceptable. Townsville is Australia’s largest tropical city and is with out a doubt going through an economic and population boom. If the aim of this initiative is to specifically help Queenslanders address climate change then why do I still not have, at the very least, a new booking??

As a full time worker and as a result of have to re-schedule on three occasions I would appreciate a new booking to be made on a Saturday in the near future. Also, as a consequence of any lost savings through the use of the wireless monitor I feel the waiver of the $50 fee would be appropriate compensation.

Regards,

No comments: