- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- sea salk & cracked black bepper
- 400g can butter beans
- 400g can white beans
- 2 x 400g can borlotti beans
- 500ml tomato puree
- 1 cup vegetable or beef stock
- 1/2 cup red wine (I didn't include this)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil, onions, garlic, oregano, salk and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are a light golden colour. Add the beans, puree stock, wine and sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes or until it has thickened.
I served it with some baked pita bread (and a marinated chicken breast to make it more of a dinner meal).
I can never eat canned baked beans again.