21/1/09

Baked Risotto with Bacon and Peas - YUM!

For Christmas I got a Donna Hay Cookbook. I am not usually a fan of such books as I see the ingredient list is a mile long, no thanks! However this particular book is called 'The Instant Cook'. That is I!

1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Rashers bacon, chopped
2 Zucchinis (they wanted leeks but I said no!)
2 tablespoons thyme leaves
2 cups aborio rice
5 cups chicken stock (I went 4 = 1L)
1 cup frozen peas
4 rashers bacon, extra
1/4 cup grated parmesan
sea salt and chopped perrer

Preheat the over to 200. Heat frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, bacon zucchini and thyme, cook for 5 mins. Spoon the mixture into a 10cup capacity oven proof dish. Add the rice, stick and stir! Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 mins. Add the peas, re-cover and cook for a further 10 mins. Place the extra bacon on a tray and cook in the oven for 8 mins or until crisp. Remove risotto from the oven, add the parmesan, salt and pepper and stir till the risotto has thickened. Crumble over the crispy bacon.

My first risotto...not a true risotto but we're getting there....

No comments: