12/7/08

04/07

After a walk to the beach and dying my hair Petal and I set off to Harvey's Range to have brunch at the Tea Rooms. Mind you I had no idea where we were really going or the name of this place, just that it was on the range and they serve $50 cups of coffee (no we did not have this!). Petal was a little concerned as I didn't check the map prior to leaving, this is Townsville - we don't do that!!

Finally we made it...



Considering its name I wont comment on the tea which was served, lets just say it was of the 'Select' range. However the building itself is what made the trek worth it. Its the oldest known building in North Queensland and was once a watering hole and overnight accommodation for those en route to the gold fields.




On our way home we discovered we had actually left Townsville as we were welcomed by this sign....



And view...

No comments: